Classrooms looking onto boys' playground. The main building dates from 1912.
Boys' entrance. The men's staff room occupied the area to the right of the door.
Looking down the path which ran from Downhills Park past the field to the school.
The "hut". Correctly, a H.O.R.S.A. building (huts on raising school age), built in
1949. It contained two classrooms.
Looking across the girls' playground, which bordered onto Downhills Park.
Pictures supplied by Roger Beckwith
The pictures on this page date from about 1960. They are of very poor
quality because they are actually frames of an 8mm cine film which has faded very
badly in the intervening 40 years or so.